Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Signed, Sealed, (and Hopefully) Delivered...by Saturday

Welcome to First Grade Letter with "Magic Confetti" Poem


Just finished my "Welcome to First Grade!" letters to my new firsties.  My awesome teaching partner shared this great idea with me.  We're sending these letters to all of our firsties so that they receive them before school starts.  It's a little welcome back to school letter about how fun first grade is going to be and how not to be nervous about it.  At the bottom there is a super cute poem about "magic confetti," thus the little bag of confetti that is included.  I don't know where the original poem came from, so unfortunately I cannot give proper credit where it is due, but here is the poem:

The night before school is exciting and fun,
there are so many things to be done.
Your clothes are ready; your backpack is, too,
your classroom is full of fun things to do.
Many questions go through your mind,
all types of thoughts of every kind.
But sometimes we get the jitters down deep,
and that makes it so hard to fall asleep.
So here is some magic confetti for you,
full of promises to last the whole year through.
Tonight when you lay down you head,
sprinkle some under you pillow in bed.
The confetti will help you sleep through the night,
and you will wake up in the morning fresh and bright.
I'll sprinkle confetti under my pillow, too,
because I am SO excited to meet you!


UPDATE:
The kiddos DID get their letters on time, and I had almost every parent approach me on the first day of school to tell me how special it was for their child to receive their letter.  :D



No comments:

Post a Comment